- Planning &
- Curriculum Design &
- Data Teams®
To improve student achievement, schools need to have a shared vision for teaching and learning, a solid understanding of priorities, and a clearly defined path to accomplish their goals. The International Center’s school improvement specialists partner with school leaders to develop and implement a multi-step plan that supports a school's efforts to raise student achievement and reach its continuous improvement goals. The process focuses on:
- Completing a guided needs assessment of the school’s strengths and challenges led by an International Center consultant.
- Developing a strategic plan, alongside school leaders, aimed at raising student achievement and addressing the challenges identified in the needs assessment.
- Providing professional learning for teachers targeted on areas of need including ongoing job-embedded coaching, and online support to support sustainable growth.
- Building leadership density through professional learning and coaching for building district-level leaders.
Creating a Shared Vision of Success to Increase Student Achievement at the School District of Philadelphia
- Developing a rigorous and relevant school and classroom learning environment promoting individualized student instruction, collaboration, and building relationships
- Organizing small learning communities reflecting each school’s individual strengths and needs
- Improving instructional capacity of teachers through professional development courses and focused in-classroom job-embedded coaching
“We now have more students applying to college, going to college, and getting scholarships to college. We definitely see the success in our partnership with ICLE.”