Digital Leadership & Learning
We know that it takes more than just devices to ensure the success of a digital initiative. Educators require the professional learning to change their practice in order to transform school culture and instruction.
Our Digital Leadership & Learning solutions target the specific needs of leaders and teachers to grow awareness, develop expertise, and establish sustainable change for moving the needle on student learning.
LEADING FROM EXPERIENCE
DIGITAL LEADERSHIP PIONEER
Our services are driven by education experts who have walked-the-walk with technology initiatives, who have seen firsthand what digital learning success looks like, and who are prepared to apply their expertise to improve leadership, teaching, and learning in your school or district.
Leading our practice area is ICLE Senior Fellow Eric Sheninger. As the award-winning principal of New Milford High School, Sheninger oversaw the successful implementation of several sustainable change initiatives that radically transformed the learning culture at his school while increasing achievement.
His efforts to implement technology as a mechanism for transforming teaching, learning, and community engagement has led to the formation of the Pillars of Digital Leadership, a framework for all educators to initiate sustainable change to transform school cultures. A frequent blogger, Eric is also the author of Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times, and the most recent Uncommon Learning: Creating Schools that Work for Kids.
Our blended approach to professional learning includes the following opportunities:
- Online content develops critical background knowledge of ICLE learning frameworks, and in-person courses build deep understanding and practice of the Digital Leadership & Learning principles.
- Leadership and instructional coaches support personalized needs, ensuring sustainable impact and implementation fidelity.
As a result of our work together, leaders and teachers will be equipped to address the following challenges and opportunities:
- Strategic planning and support to become a Future Ready School
- Effectively implementing BYOD and 1:1 initiatives
- Developing quality pedagogical techniques for digital learning
- Transitioning to Google Apps for Education (GAFE) and other cloud-based technologies
- Empowering students to take ownership of their own personalized learning
- Re-envisioning learning spaces for today’s connected learner
- Leveraging the benefits of social media
- Using digital to authentically engage the community and enhance public relations
- Building a school’s positive brand presence
- Expanding professional growth and learning opportunities
RESULTS-DRIVEN PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Our three-year implementation plan is a recommended model for the optimal sequence and pacing of our collaborative work:
Watch Eric Sheninger deliver his TEDx Talk, "Schools That Work for Kids."