Rigor and Relevance in the Mathematics Classroom
Participants will learn how to plan lessons that center on real-world applications and how to create and use scoring guides to improve the quality of student understanding of mathematics, while preparing them to be successful on high-stakes tests. Examples of lesson plans will be provided and participants will design performance tasks and activities to use in their classrooms.
- Apply the Rigor/Relevance Framework to various instructional settings, learning experiences, instructional strategies, and assessments in mathematics.
- Understand what makes a math lesson academically rigorous and real-world relevant
- Focus on the skills and knowledge assessed on high-stakes tests and considered most useful to graduates
- Learn how to create Quadrant D Gold Seal Lessons from start to finish
- Math specific Gold Seal Lessons Packet for K- 8 or 9-12 (30 lessons each)
- Algebra Mastery Through Relevant Applications in Grades 6-10
- Gold Seal Lessons for Rigor and Relevance - K-8 or Gold Seal Lessons for Rigor and Relevance - 9-12
- How to Design Gold Seal Lessons
- Instructional Strategies - How to Teach for Rigor and Relevance