Leadership for Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships
The growing enthusiasm for the new 3 Rs is a result of wide recognition that a commitment to rigor, relevance, relationships, is an effective approach to school improvement that fosters student engagement, and challenges students to stretch their learning and develop lifelong learning skills. This workshop will describe the leadership tasks and approaches necessary to develop a school culture that embraces rigor and relevance, as well as strong relationships between students and adults and among students. The workshop is based on the International Center’s resource kit, Leadership for Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships.
- Apply quality principles of leadership and identify activities that develop the capacity for participants to embrace change and build leadership.
- Learn to analyze school improvement plan based on the International Center’s Learning Criteria to Support Rigor, Relevance and Relationships™ that supports rigorous and relevant programs for all students.
- Develop effective leadership strategies to support and promote the school improvement goals.
- Develop strategies to address the challenges facing schools in regard to instructional leadership and technical assistance.
- Leadership for Rigor, Relevance and Relationships
- School Performance — How to Meet AYP and Achieve Long-term Success
- Leading Change in High Schools
- Leadership for the Components of School Excellence
- Making Common Sense Common Practice in Educating All Learners
- We Lead – Whole Staff Survey