Making Grade 12 Meaningful
Providing seniors with a capstone year will not only help to assure their successful transition to the world beyond high school, but it will also yield a host of benefits to a high school’s culture and climate. This kit is a comprehensive resource for planning a strong 12th grade program. It provides:
- a rationale for high school reform as it addresses why the 12th grade is so critical, yet less than meaningful, for so many students
- the school leadership’s decision-making process of planning, designing, implementing, administering, and assessing a transformative 12th grade initiative
- strategies to increase rigor, infuse relevance, and build relationships into the existing curriculum and instructional practices
- successful programs from model schools across the country to create a balance of theory and effective practice
- professional development activities
This kit includes a CD and DVD and is available in the online store for $295.